Thursday 31 August 2017

Why I Started a Blog + 50 Facts About Me



"I want to share my passions with you."
For as long as I can remember I've always needed to express myself in a creative way. Whether it was reading books, writing or taking pictures, I've constantly looked for new ways to express my thoughts and feelings. As I grew older I discovered blogger.com and my love for writing became bigger than ever. My blog is the perfect place for me. It's a combination of a number of different things, things that I am passionate about individually; writing about what I love, coding web pages, photography and social media to name a few. I've owned numerous different blogs but I've never managed to keep my attention focused on them. I think I was too young to really know what I wanted to do or too young to set myself a proper blogging goal. But now I'm here.

I started this blog because I wanted to share my passions with you, and it's fair to say I have quite a few! Cruelty-free beauty, lifestyle, photography, travel and veganism are just a small number of topics I write about. And since I haven't ever written a proper introduction about myself, I thought that starting with 50 facts about me was the perfect opportunity! Here we go...

  1. I studied PR and Communications at Northumbria University
  2. My birthday is 10th August 1994, which makes me 23
  3. I'm a Leo
  4. I'm such a perfectionist. I have pages and pages of fully written blog posts that I'll probably never publish because they're not quite right
  5. I'm the fussiest eater I know
  6. I don't have any siblings
  7. I love herbal tea - green, peppermint, chamomile, fruit, earl grey. But I never forget coffee! I can't drink a normal cup of tea. Ever
  8. I say Hi to animals on the street
  9. I believe in spirits, but I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts
  10. I procrastinate because I'm scared that the outcome wont be perfect
  11. Every piece of furniture I own is from IKEA
  12. I get sleep paralysis and see scary people/things in my room when I'm half asleep
  13. I love cats more than anything, have you not seen my Instagram?
  14. I've been vegan since May 2016
  15. I've never died my hair
  16. I rarely wear foundation
  17. I'm not a morning person and I'm not a night person, although I feel more inspired at night
  18. I believe that everything happens for a reason
  19. I used to work in Perfume and I could tell you tons of random facts about perfume bottles, brands and notes
  20. I try and avoid using heat on my hair, including blowdrying



  21. I've never owned a pair of straighteners
  22. I don't pluck my eyebrows properly, I prefer them to look bushy
  23. I hate the idea of my blog being another lifestyle and beauty blog. I think the blogosphere is oversaturated, but yet I love it so much! You'll probably notice I avoid branding my blog like that
  24. I have every single Naked palette up until Naked Heat. I'll never buy one again, they're not vegan
  25. I struggle to put on weight
  26. I have 6 rings that I wear 24/7
  27. I have 11 piercings
  28. I prefer Pepsi over Coke
  29. My favourite movie is Donnie Darko
  30. I used to study French
  31. I've never been out of Europe
  32. My cocktail of choice would be a Mojito or a Gin Fizz
  33. I panic when I'm hungover
  34. I love Indian food
  35. My favourite fictional author is John Grisham
  36. My favourite self-help author is Eckhart Tolle, read 'The Power of Now'
  37. I would never donate to a charity that tested on animals regardless of the cause
  38. My favourite colour is black
  39. I love Lana Del Rey. My favourite song of hers changes all the time, currently it's "Without You"
  40. I could quite happily be alone for days before needing to speak to someone. This is probably because I'm an only child



  41. I love plants
  42. My personality type is INFP, "The Mediator"
  43. People think I'm shy, but really I'm just listening (see #42)
  44. My middle name is 'Heather', but I like to spell my name as 'Emily-Heather' online, it's more unique
  45. I really don't like when people try and replicate meat products with vegan food
  46. Although I love tea my favourite drink is water
  47. My favourite vegan restaurant is Vantra Vitao on Oxford Street even though it's super overpriced
  48. My dissertation was about blogging and YouTube
  49. During my final year of uni. I realised I wanted a job in social media
  50. I got my first proper camera on my 23rd birthday and I can't wait to up my blog photography game!

And that's a wrap. I hope you enjoyed reading 50 facts about me as much as I enjoyed writing them! I urge you to do the same on your blog. Let me know if you have in the comments and I'll check it out.

Visit me on Instagram and Twitter and say Hi!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment